Sunday, May 24, 2009



The kids graduated from pre-K! Peeples Elementary here we come! They have been handfuls over the past few weeks and I can't figure out why. They aggravate each other more than usual. Everything has to be fair because they are overly concerned with who gets what and who went first and last, blah, blah, blah. It is making me crazy and I wonder if I will pull all my hair out over the summer. Madeline has an argument for everything. If I say no I hear,"but Mooommm"! I guess this is some kind of independence thing. They are growing into more of their own person which will be important for kindergarten. At least that is what I am telling myself!
Their graduation was short and sweet with light blue cap and gowns. The teachers asked the kids what was their favorite thing about pre-K. Maddie's was "lunch" which is the truth cause anyone who knows her knows she loves to eat! I went by her class one day and found her sitting at the table eating lunch while all the other kids were outside playing. Her teacher said she wouldn't get up until she ate everything I packed for her. I started packing her lunch a little lighter after that!
Ben's favorite thing about school is centers. The teachers each have a "center" in their room. The kids are allowed to pick a center or activity to go to each day. I always ask which center they went to and who went with them. There were so many days that Ben or Maddie told me they went to centers with Carleigh. Carleigh was in the class across the hall from Ben and Maddie. What I love most is that Ben would say he "picked up Carleigh". Meaning, that he would go to the doorway of her classroom and get her to walk to their center together. Maybe one day he will pick her up for a date?!


2 comments:

Jen said...

That is tooooo cute! I love their pictures too.

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

wow, still cuties! hey, we're thinking of getting a ford escape - did you like your's when you had it?