Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I went with my friend Ann to San Juan in June. She had a business meeting so I was her date for 3 nights. Jamie took the kids to his parents house while I was gone. Then they picked me up from the airport. Maddie saw me first and ran to me with a big smile. Then I picked up Ben for a hug. He buried his head and next thing I knew he was crying. I didn't understand why he was crying at first and asked him what's wrong. He wouldn't look at me or say anything, he just clung to me and cried. Finally, I realized he was so emotional just from seeing me. After some hugs and kisses and a reminder that I had a present for him, he was fine.
This week they are in Charleston with their Aunt Tina. She offered to keep them for week for no reason other than she wanted to spend time with them! They LOVE Aunt Tina. She always plays with them and gives them lots of TLC. So they were really excited to go to her house and do all the fun things she had planned. But when got ready to leave I felt like Ben was acting kinda weird. As we pulled away I told Jamie I thought Ben was about to cry. Sure enough, we saw him running by with big tears in his eyes. Of course, we stopped and hugged him some more. Aunt Tina took him inside and they made brownies, so he was fine. That boy loves chocolate! I think its actually harder to leave them now that they are older and they have a better concept of time! What will I do when we go to London and Dublin for 8 long days?

2 comments:

Williams Family said...

I am sure they are having a great time! What do you do when you are kidless? Too fun.

Joyce’s Blog said...

They are so cute..
How happily you have cute children like them..