Monday, March 05, 2007

I can't wait for the time change. My kids have been getting up at 6:30am. I am not a morning person so I hope the time change will help. When they were in cribs I put toys in their bed and ignored them as long as they weren't screaming. They would wake up and play for an hour or so before I would get them up. I always felt they were happier when they were able to wake up and chill in their bed for awhile. Now that they are in "big beds" and potty trained, I have to get up and help them get on the potty. Ben comes in every morning holding himself saying, "I go potty Mommy". This morning I told them to go back to their room to play. A few minutes later I heard them downstairs. When I got there, Ben had about 5 cups of ice in the back of his dumptruck. They don't understand the concept of ice melting yet. So they carry it around and get mad when its just water left.
About 6 months ago,Jamie took Ben to the ballpark and watched kids playing T-ball, and Madeline and I went shopping. When we passed the ballparks today Ben said, "Daddy take me to play ball". Madeline piped up and said, "Mommy take me shopping". Good times to come!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am proud of you for updating your blog. The pic is too cute.

Maura said...

love the pics! i hope the time change worked for you!!! and updating too!! i am so proud as well :)