Wednesday, December 28, 2005




I just got Madeline up from a 3 1/2 hour nap, and for the first time since 3am Sunday, she doesn't have a fever! Thank you, Lord. I have been so blessed that my kids really haven't been sick. Being a nurse doesn't change the helplessness you feel when your kid is sick. Maybe tonight I will get some sleep!

I had a hard time picking a picture for this blog. As you can see Madeline didn't like Santa too much. I tried to take them again, after a month of',"What does Santa say?" and, "ho, ho, ho" but she still pitched a fit when we got close to him. So, we just stayed in the stroller and walked right past Santa as she screamed. Ben got a Tonka dump truck from Aunt Tee tee (Tina's kids call me Aunt spittin' Brittain, payback is hell) and Madeline got a baby in a stroller from Santa. They fought over the truck for awhile, but many times Ben pushed the stroller and Madeline pushed the truck-too cute! Overall, Christmas was fun. The kids were great and it was nice to have Jamie around for 4 days. We spent the day after Christmas cleaning and going through their old toys. Now I realize why it was so exhausting for my parents.

In case any of the 3 people who read this were wondering, that realtor's name is Gwendolyn McKinley. I think she works for Remax or did at one time. I called her back to get her last name and the agency she worked for, but she wouldn't give it to me. I told her I wanted to know exactly who I was dealing with if she calls back and that she was a very inconsiderate person. I finally found her full name after some googling. Needless to say, I doubt she will try to bring any clients here, but I would rather rot in this house anyway!bbb

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the Santa picture. Too funny! Trent always liked to play with dolls when he was younger too. They will grow up to be great Daddys!!!

Anonymous said...

well i will remember that name and will tell that story if anyone ever mentions it! love the picture!
m.

Jen said...

I am glad that Maddie is feeling better. Maybe next week we can get back to our daily outings. I hope you enjoyed your night out to the movies!!!